View Single Post
lovableball

Member Since May 2021
28 hugs
given
Default Jul 21, 2021 at 05:19 AM

I finally told my family about my condition (Situational Depression) and my triggers, and they didn't react negatively as I thought they would. Long story short, we broke down crying and they were really supportive. I'm emotional just typing this out; like a gigantic burden was lifted off my chest. Mental health is not really something our family talks about, but I hope my situation gets the ball rolling for them to open up, too.

I went outside and walked my dog today. My therapist advised me to try to go out whenever I can which is why I took my 'lil gal for a quick stroll. An looming of covid has been affecting me lately, so I'm a little proud of myself for mustering up the courage to go out.

Work-related, but I'm not really the brightest bulb on the shelf especially since I'm a little older compared to my colleagues and with our remote set-up, I can't really tap a coworker right away and ask for help. I've been assigned a client recently to build this convoluted sales automation system (something like this) and the client was really happy with the output! I was scared sh**less if I'm being frank.

Lastly, I'm proud of myself for reconnecting with a few relatives and my friend these past few days. I've messaged them on messenger and set up coffee dates with a few people. In general, I've always isolated myself from others and I'm glad I have people that respect my space. But I'm on a journey of coming out of my shell, and these are the baby steps I'm trying to do.

Today is a good day, I'm proud of you all too!
lovableball is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous40506, CelticHeart, MuseumGhost

Thanks for this!
MuseumGhost, Quietmind 2