Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 21, 2021 at 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardlady View Post
I have no idea why your ex asked you this question, but I strongly encourage people in close relationships to have this conversation.

My husband was in an accident that left him braindead. Having discussed our wishes with each other made some difficult decisions easier because I knew what he wanted.
I had power of attorney for my mother at the end of her life. Again, having discussed what she would want ahead of time made tough decisions easier.

Totally agree. In fact we got life insist for my husband the one with income after our first child was born when he was 21. At the time it seemed almost silly we were so young. Now at 46 and three kids at least something has been saved for a tragedy. We both have living wills and I bought a will kit. Is that good enough or do you really need a lawyer? My mom and brother are both ICU nurses and have/are working through Covid. Trust me if you didn’t think you needed to think about that before you definitely need to now. Think about all the people who are middle-age that never thought something like this would happen having to make these decisions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
lizardlady, RoxanneToto