View Single Post
Jelzig65

Member Since Jul 2021
33 hugs
given
Default Jul 22, 2021 at 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WovenGalaxy View Post

What your father said to you sounds like emotional abuse.

You are worthy of love from a good man, and your daughter is worthy of love and connection too.

Have you ever heard of rumination? Maybe that's what you're going through internally. It also sounds like you have unresolved issues from situations and people who affected you greatly. Trauma, in other words.

Are you seeing a therapist?
I am seeing a psychologist, she is in her late 70's. I dont think she is updating her knowledge and or new treatments/therapies. She says I should do a, b and c. Its just a matter of doing this and that and everything should fall into place. I think its toxic positivity. You can't heal without first feeling the anguish.
I also see a counsellor related to being a carer and he is really good at helping me see that perhaps the supermarket guy is triggering. He really wants to get away from my daughter and it just reminds me of all the people that ignore her and all the things she won't get to do or be. He is either insecure himself and really likes her or he can't figure her out. Thankyou for your support, it is a life saver for me. I have never been this low right now. I am in a very deep hole.
Jelzig65 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
RoxanneToto, WovenGalaxy