View Single Post
Jelzig65

Member Since Jul 2021
33 hugs
given
Default Jul 22, 2021 at 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post

I certainly don’t want to put down a therapeutic relationship or experience but I do know that shadow work can be considered controversial simply because it’s been based on jungian theory. I don’t know much about the person whose courses you took. I also know that it can be dangerous for some people to try and reframe a trauma or look for the trigger without the help of an actual therapist. Just a thought. My other thoughts are what kind of therapies and help did/does your daughter receive ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thankyou for taking the time to talk to me. I've an app called insight timer. Catherine Leggit is the teacher/therapist. The way I feel today is the worst I have felt in a very long time. Its like the trauma is fresh and 1000 times felt. I went for one of the worst memories, there are a few. I should have gone lightly she did suggest, but I said to myself, you've been to hell and back, you can do this. I might look for a trauma therapist instead of a psychologist that hasn't updated her knowledge in what seems a very long time. She feels like toxic positivity, do a, b and c and I will be ok.

I am my daughters advocate and run her around to therapies, cooking, drive lessons, speech therapy and social connections group.

Can you tell me if I should be concerned with jungian therapy. I have no idea.

I appreciate your insights. Thankyou
Jelzig65 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote