Jelzig65
Jelzig65 has no updates.

2 yr Member
33 hugs
given
Heart Jul 22, 2021 at 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post

I don’t want to imply that there is something directly wrong with that sort of theory I’m just saying in certain cases with sensitive people it is good to undertake that sort of thing under the guide of the therapist. I’m not saying courses or that woman is wrong or bad it’s just the subject matter and trauma emotions are so strong that some patients frankly suffer without extra help. The reason I asked about what therapies your daughter receives is because over the course of many years since my sister was first diagnosed 30 years ago with Asperger’s(now ASD) there was a prominent group or company that really started the awareness of autism and the service is needed for autistic persons. I do not know if it is limited only to New Jersey but my understanding is they are much bigger now. My sister started out a lot like her daughter and it took many years but she is now 32 years old and living a fairly normal and independent life. I don’t want to promote or plug the name of this place but if you were interested in looking them up send me a private message. I’m not saying I can pull any strings I’m not involved anymore it’s just that my experience has been very very good with them and they do a lot of nonprofit and fundraising scholarship work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I get what you are saying. I'm ok and I will be more gently with myself. I live in Australia. I doubt the treatments and new interventions to assist people with ASD would be available in Australia, but you never know. They could have them all over the globe. I dream of the day my daughter can live independant, but each person with ASD are different from each other. As long as I have breath I will keep supporting and assisting her to independence . Thankyou, have a beautiful day.
Jelzig65 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote