View Single Post
Vindicated17

Member Since Jun 2021
Default Jul 22, 2021 at 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive99 View Post
Yes, that's familiar...I was also given a certain ******** statement by the person about my attitude to them/to the relationship..., not the same claims you received, but I really relate as far as it really stuck in my mind and all that trauma bond thing around it is familiar too. I'm not sure I'll be able to tell you how to leave it all behind fast, it might take more time, it's taken time for me too & I'm still not totally over it, only partially.

What do you think makes you angry and frustrated and upset the most? That you put in a lot and all you got back was this in the end, all this blame, etc? Or is it something else that upsets you the most?

For me, the things they said to me, especially near the end, the worst thing they said, that certain statement, it was all very personal things to say, extremely so, and that's where I got really stuck in it. It all happened to also devalue all my efforts too for that relationship but that was only the second worst thing, not what I was/have been most upset about. I can just call my efforts "sunk cost" really. That part is fine. But the rest....

So I'm noticing one thing, the claims you list, "Oh I must have never loved them" and "I didn't love them unconditionally", they are of course untrue, you would know they are untrue right? That's how it is for me too, I know it's factually untrue and I know my emotions are just not what they tried to describe them as, and I bet you know too, you even explained it here how it's not what your emotions really are.

Yet somehow something made me stuck on it, even if I knew all that, even if I was continually angry and tried to defend myself in every possible way. Somehow it was/has been like emotional gaslighting for me. Do you relate to that at all?

That is what I want to fully extract myself from, and have partially managed so far. What I think for myself is, the strong emotions this person used to try and bull**** to me like that about the relationship and my emotional attitudes, that is where it really made it go deep in my subconscious. And that's where I'm fighting to extract it all and become free of all of it.

It is not easy to get free of all the false narratives, but it can be done, I've done the work partially already. Good luck to that!! and feel free to share more on it on here if you feel it would help.

Hello! I was re-reading this thread as I find that it helps when I am having a low and feel like I am not progressing. What makes me frustrated and angry at times the most is yes that I put in all of my effort, time, feelings, kids lives, time, love, time, physical intimacy, time, emotional intimacy, time...yes I've mentioned time the most as I believe time to be the most valuable commodity one can give. All of my spare time (my entire kid free weekends), most weeknights etc were spent with this person. I didn't go out with friends or family and always chose her. All of the late night phone calls every single night we weren't together before bed. All of the foot rubs, massages, leg rubs, scalp massages, hair playing, sex, cooking for her, driving her to the hospital at all times of the night for illness.....So much time...and this person truly didn't understand or know how I felt, hence always doubting me, not trusting and questioning my love.

What has also stuck with me was that I was told every couple of months that I wasn't able to "put myself in someone elses shoes"...I would also hear her out what she had to say regarding her insecurities but 99% it was based on what she thought I was feeling or thinking or behaving and it was 100% false and untrue so I did not agree with her. I can hear her and see where she was coming from but I would not agree. It's like if I didn't agree with her and go along with her false narrative then I somehow was not capable of putting myself in someone elses shoes and that hit me hard. I was also called dismissive, again but I did not agree with her frame of mind on her opinion of my feelings or my heart. I am neither of those things projected upon me. Just thinking about it hurts a lot at this very moment still.
Vindicated17 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Alive99, Bill3, RoxanneToto, unaluna