Rose76
Legendary

Rose76 Treading water.

10 yr Member
5,302 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 22, 2021 at 06:35 PM

I had coped well with my grief from Sep 2020 until recently now. A weak ago, I went to the ER c/o terrible weakness and fatigue. Turned out I was severely anemic and needed a blood trasfusion. Then they did tests. They think I have GI bleeding. More work today. If it shows critical anemia values, PCP will send me tomorrow to the ER, where I might get another blood transfusion.

I've been pretty healthy most of my adult life. No surgeries. No big deal health issues. I thought I had a few more years to go before aging would diminish me. But today I could barely walk from my car into Sam's Club to get my prescription.

So I got yearning for my boyfriend. If only he were here, I wouldn't feel so bad and sad and worried and alone. He'ld comfort me. Back when be could walk, be loved to cook for me. I try to imagine him being here now in his healthy state and all the things he would be doing, so eager to see me get better. I kind of take solace in how nice he would be, if he were here. I can see him in the kitchen making one of his specialties and hoping I'ld like how it came out. If my feet were cold, he'ld go get a pair of his warm socks and put them on my feet for me, like I was a kid
He would go to the store and het ice cream for me. Then he would find a good movie for us to watch together.

I still need him. But he's gone.
Rose76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MtnTime2896, pachyderm, rechu, RoxanneToto, Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
pachyderm