Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 22, 2021 at 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chihirochild View Post
Just curious, LT (not judging), how come you don’t want R to tell Dr. T what you discussed?
That's an excellent question! Some of it was about his more relaxed boundaries lately and how he's disclosing more. That in some ways I like and want that, but in other ways I'm not sure it's the best thing for me in the long term. Some was about how I'm feeling what I call "friend transference" toward him. And some other things. And I really don't want some other therapist telling him about those things. If I decide to bring them up to him (I did talk about the boundary stuff one time, and I've alluded to other things), I want to do it on my terms and to be able to have a dialogue about it.

I'm also worried if she told him some stuff, he might act differently toward me, and I wouldn't know why. Or, even if she didn't tell him stuff, but I knew they'd talked, I'd be hypervigilant to any way he was acting differently toward him and wonder what she'd said. (Even knowing it would most likely have nothing to do with that.)

I suspect I probably need to have a sort of meta-discussion with him regarding why I don't feel comfortable having her share stuff with him. Because I think this might have something to do with some difficulty in trusting people and also fear of them discussing me behind my back. And worrying one person would change another's mind about me, even if they've known me for a very long time (and I doubt Dr. T has his mind swayed easily).

Hugs from:
CantExplain, Lemoncake, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
chihirochild, Quietmind 2