View Single Post
bpforever1
Magnate

Member Since Aug 2017
1,598 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 22, 2021 at 10:01 PM

I have a job now but work mainly mornings and nights. So, I have the afternoons off. I want to work more and am looking for a second job. It might put some strain on me but I have mounting bills to pay.

I am teaching online now so will look for another similar job. The competition is stiff for teaching jobs since everybody who thinks they can speak English applies. I am not too worried though since I have certification and experience now. But, before I was worried about getting a teaching job since I had no experience.

My current teaching job is based on student satisfaction. If I don't receive good evaluations, I can't keep the student. So, it is not that easy. For me. I am doing quite well despite this since I am an accommodating person by nature. I am not bragging but if I was inflexible and obstinate, this job would be difficult.

I like my job and the people I work with at times. Sometimes, the people who give me students ask me to send in student evaluations at the last minute or ask me to do tasks in little time. I just do it but wonder if they know how little time they are giving me. Also, they pull students from me without my knowledge for one reason or another. So, nothing is perfect.

Overall, I like teaching. It is fun. But, teaching here is not a career but a low-paid job with no advancement. Despite this, I like teaching and will continue to teach while I can. If I was younger, I would look into other fields but as I am older, teaching will suffice for now. I am happy teaching but the pay is so low that I barely make ends meet.

So, the other job I am seeking is similar to the job I have now. It should be doable. I was thinking of teaching privately but am worried about covid-19 still.

I only applied to two other jobs. I'm not sure if I will hear from them. But, I will see what happens.
bpforever1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, Breaking Dawn, mssweatypalms