View Single Post
TishaBuv
Legendary

Member Since Dec 2014
1,873 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 23, 2021 at 08:13 AM

If you want to make a break from someone, it doesn’t matter narcissist or not, just do it as you would with anyone in a way you feel good about your own actions.

When I’ve ended relationships I’ve stopped contacting them, told them I’m busy and blew them off. If they confronted me, I’ve been honest as to why. If they kept trying to draw me back in, saying they’ve changed or time has passed so they think I forgot, I sometimes made the mistake of going back just like you have. But at this point, you wouldn’t fall back in. It’s funny how people like that seem to have a sense of that, and they don’t call again when you really won’t get sucked back in. They must get the hint and don’t set themselves up for rejection. I’ve never had one come back and ask for another chance, once I was ready to stick to my guns and say no.

It was turned around on me too, them saying I was too sensitive and they couldn’t tolerate ‘walking on eggshells’ with me.

It’s nice to be rid of toxic friends. I miss the fun times, but they had to go for my health. You may miss them, though, as they were interesting and it’s lonely to be alone. I hope you make nice, new friends who are healthy for you.

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear

Thanks for this!
RoxanneToto