Elder

Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 23, 2021 at 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel'smom View Post
I just found out my meds can be in bubble packs free of charge. This I feel will make it so much easier for me. Especially around family. I also have them doing it for my husband's medication. That way it's much easier when I'm gone on vacation. Does anyone else do bubble packs? It just sounds so much easier.
Almost all of my medications (and my husband's) filled in Czech Republic pharmacies are in bubble packs. I'll admit that I am not thrilled about the fact. I suppose if I only took two or three medications, it might be OK. However, I take NINE different ones (not all psych meds). My husband takes six or seven. I must use weekly pill boxes, as does my husband. Since I am the one filling the blasted things, it gets tiring pushing all of the monsters out of the bubble packs. In some cases, I retained the old pill bottles from US filled versions, and just sit there pushing out 30 to over 60 pills of EACH in one shot so I don't have to be pushing them all out every week, let alone every day. And each med doesn't necessarily mean one each of each of the pills. I take more than one pill for certain meds, every day. So does my husband. And a couple even need to be cut with a pill cutter.

I don't know. I see it as a real pain. With pill bottles, it's easier. But I shouldn't complain. Pharmaceuticals here in Czech Republic are much much cheaper than in the US.
Soupe du jour is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote