catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 24, 2021 at 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewed View Post
I have mentioned her to my current T but not the transference. My current T is about the same age and is kinda hot too. But I don’t have a crush on her and I’m not having any transference. I’m kind of worried about mentioning the transference because I don’t want her to think I’m having transference with her as well. I did mention it to the weird unprofessional one I saw for a couple months and I had no issue admitting that my old T was “hot” but the unprofessional one was old enough to be my mom. So I felt comfortable saying that to her. It actually felt pretty good to finally admit my feelings out loud about transference T to another therapist.

I haven’t crossed any boundaries though with this new one. I’ve only emailed her 4 times. I emailed her about an extra session and she replied back asking a question. So I replied to that one. Then I replied back to her email about the cancellation she had. Then she wanted me to email her once I heard back from the therapist she wants me to see. She replied back to that one and I just left it and I’ll talk to her on Monday about things.

But yeah I’m not sure mentioning to another young hot therapist that I’ve had transference before with another T around her age is necessarily a smart thing to do.

But maybe I’m wrong.

I can understand your concern, but I think it's important to talk to your current therapist about your experience with the transference T. It was/is a big issue for you. I don't think current T will assume that you have that kind of transference with her. If she does, she may ask you, then you can clarify.

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi