View Single Post
Werewoman
Poohbah

Member Since May 2014
1,217 hugs
given
Default Jul 24, 2021 at 01:02 PM

I think I'm losing my mind. Again.

There is this weird dynamic that has arisen between my husband and me and it's getting hard for me to see what's happening. It resembles gaslighting but I don't think he does it to upset me or maliciously, but then I have been burned and I can't trust my own judgement sometimes.

Basically what happens is regardless of the subject, he will come over to see what I'm doing and most of the time he will start telling me what to do differently and sometimes will even undue what I did so he can do it over. Is there some reason why he never did this crap 30 years ago?
The issue I have with it is just the overwhelming emotional meltdown that follows. It makes me feel stupid and crazy and it makes me cry sometimes.
The last time it happened, he gave me a look like 'what planet are you on?' So I asked if he thought I was just overreacting again, and he said yes.
I did not take that very well.

Is he right about me? Are my emotions causing me to overreact? What if I'm not overreacting though? Does his bad attitude about my MI make it worse?

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. ~ Robin Williams

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage? ~ Pink Floyd
Werewoman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, BorisTheAnimal, Have Hope, mssweatypalms, Open Eyes