Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 24, 2021 at 10:41 PM

Hey @black-roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by black-roses View Post
You know what pisses me off fatphobes in the medical business... So I gained 29kg from antipsychotics and have been unable to lose it the other day he suggested bariatric surgery on a 25 year old with no diabetes or insulin problems. Holy what the hell. Nah screw that I'm not getting that horrid surgery I'd rather have my legs cut off
Listen I am not usually offended per se but what are you even talking about? Why do you have this opinion and why do you think age 25 is too young>
Reason I ask is I was 30 and the only reason it wasnt in my 20's is because my last child was born when I was 28 and had my GB out,it is a life saving tool for a real issue. You may not have the health effects now, i had some but not all of those issues but not having them at the moment you have to decide on surgery just means your still lucky.
'

If you are obese and on antipsh meds it will be near impossible to get the weight off and prevent more weight gain. and aside from what you are eating those drugs have a black box warning because they raise your liver enzymes and blood sugar to a prediabetic level.
I had surgey in 07 at 302lbs. I have lost 127lbs and fluctuate up or down by 5 lbs.

I was also on an AP geodon. 17 years! It was prescribed for post pardum psychosis and my old school doc never took me off. All of that combined with tardative Dythskenisia Withdrawl was brutal, triggered sever insomnia and of course the movement. I started Ingrezza and they are getting better. I am just wondering how you came to this opinion.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna

Thanks for this!
unaluna