Thread: Klonopin issue
View Single Post
metamorphosis12
Magnate

Member Since Oct 2012
130 hugs
given
Default Jul 26, 2021 at 04:14 AM

Okay so when you actually start getting to the lower doses= It is very hard I briefly read beyond your OP.
I do not know if this was mentioned. There are other medications that don't deal with the GABA=Glutamate issue so much
Sorry for typos Anyway there is pregabalin that can certainly help in the short term. It is a complicated med that does not keep hitting your GABA receptors to leave them dry.

It does have some side effects but weigh the pros and cons It will make you want to east ,probably a lot but things like MCT oil can stop those cravings.
It is now used off label for eating disorders. I think anorexia.

So, instead of rambling on and no pub med studies I am to tired to find and link just know
It will get better even if you are quartering your pills Your pdoc should be on it and give you anything that can help
Pregabalin does have a tolerance over a pretty quick time but nothing like a benzo withdrawal.
So that's my humble opinion. Talk to your pdoc and you can pm me also
I have been there before and the last part of the titration down always seems the hardest for everyone I know. Who has done it.
Sorry for the grammar It's the point and I am terrible at working with simple words lol

As always talk to your pdoc or whatever docs you also use.
You can always pm me . I have been through it.

Let me also add in my experience . I did have some weird times but the most important is that you do it very slowly and think of a marathon not a sprint. You will probably not like it but the most important is avoiding seizures. So think of that in context, also.

Thanks for this!
WastingAsparagus