LonesomeTonight
Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.5k hugs
given
Default Jul 26, 2021 at 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletPimpernel View Post
I just found out some bad news. I wrote that my sister contacted L for some reason for my birthday. I just found out that L actually talked to my sister on the phone. I NEVER gave her permission to actually talk to my sister! I feel violated and betrayed! My family is not trustworthy! Why would L do this? It doesn't matter what my sister asked her to do for me, she should have never talked to her!!!!!

I'm sorry. I would definitely talk to L about this. I believe you're correct that L could only talk to her if you gave written permission. I don't think she's even allowed to confirm that you're a client.

I think one exception would be, for example, if your sister had been really concerned about your safety. She may have then been able to call L and tell her things, but L couldn't say anything back, like couldn't confirm you were a client or anything. Basically could just say something like "OK, thank you."

But I would definitely talk to L about it and find out what was said. And you shouldn't have to, but if you don't want her ever speaking to your sister again, I imagine there's some sort of signed, legally binding document that could state that. Though it should only be that she can talk to someone if you've listed them, like an emergency contact, and even then I think you can specify what conditions she could talk to them under.

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
Quietmind 2, ScarletPimpernel