Student of Life

Member Since Mar 2014
2,911 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 26, 2021 at 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rechu View Post
I know we have discussed this a bit in the past. I think that the situation you describe of not being full time and having some flexibility seems like a good way to start back working.

I was let go from that awful job that caused me extreme anxiety and led me to have to take mental health leave. After about a month off, I was offered to try doing some paid freelance writing assignments by a company. So, I started off slowly. At first I did a few test projects, then 2-3 projects a week. After about a month and half like that, they asked me if I wanted to take on more work, which I did. Now most weeks I work close to full time, sometimes more or less, because there are projects of different lengths.

I think that after all I went though, at my previous job, had I started off at this level of workload it would have been too much for me. I'm glad I had the opportunity to ease into working again.

Do you know about how many hours a week this job will take? Wishing you the best of luck!

Thanks! I can basically set my own hours with this job since I'll be an independent contractor, but I hope to work 5-10 hours a week to start. I am thinking that will be a manageable amount for now. Then if I want to expand my business or go for other jobs I can do that after I evaluate how this amount is affecting me and whether I like it or not.

WastingAsparagus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
mssweatypalms, rechu, WovenGalaxy

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, mssweatypalms, rechu, WovenGalaxy