Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 27, 2021 at 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietmind 2 View Post
Holy f... a friend of mine in the USA texted me. She accessed a patient portal as she got access today for the first time, and it turns out no one told her she had "a history of stroke" and that her liver is failing. Her current doctor isn't in network and had been considering autoimmune diseases. Hopefully she can send the relevant info to her doctor and get the medical help she needs.

How the f can doctors NOT tell people important stuff like this?!

I agree with the other that your friend would most likely know if she had a history of stroke. And if her liver is failing, then whatever doctor who ordered tests that showed that should have let her know. I think it's more likely that there's some sort of clerical error, like putting another patient's info in, or perhaps (in the case of stroke), someone clicking the wrong button doing data entry in the chart.

Does other information in there seem accurate? Like is there some medical issue or procedure she experienced that is NOT in the chart? Or is any personal information wrong? She should definitely contact whichever doctor's office would have entered the information to find out what's going on.

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
NP_Complete, Quietmind 2, unaluna