Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
74.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 27, 2021 at 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiusPsyche View Post
I was skeptical. Surely LT is pulling my leg, I thought. Canoe slalom? What in the world? Nope, they actually awarded medals [emoji966] for such a thing.

I'm not interested in the Olympics generally, but this is absurd. I really want them to include esports, now! Why is bowling not in there? Where is cricket? And golf? I don't follow any of these, but millions of people do! At best, there are fifty thousand people in the world who even know about canoe slaloming.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Yeah, when I turned on the canoe slalom, I was like, "What am I watching right now?" I do think things like bowling, golf, and cricket make sense. Baseball had been removed from the Olympics but was brought back this year.

Maybe they're just trying things to see what people watch? I mean, curling became a big thing in the Winter Olympics, and honestly, that seems sort of random. Oh, maybe they could add regular shuffleboard? And the tabletop kind they have in bars? Croquet? Cornhole/bean bag toss? Dodgeball? Ultimate Frisbee? (this is when someone tells me one or more of those is already in the Olympics...)

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
Quietmind 2