View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,037 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 27, 2021 at 04:17 PM

So true, @hvert. Here the backlog of surgeries, for example, is very long. There haven't been enough staff or post-surgical beds. I haven't seen statistics, but I am sure some of those who have had their surgeries postponed have died waiting. Just now that ICU admissions have been on the decline they are starting to address this.

Some municipalities here have done mobile cancer screenings and things like that since a lot of people don't want to go to a hospital right. I'm sure that doesn't come close to the numbers done when people can freely go to a hospital or clinic without worrying about Covid.

We are one of the countries that are seeing very good numbers lately. Maybe Sinocrap is helping somewhat, plus it is also a lower % of vaccines these days than at the start. We have more Pfizer and AstraZeneca these days too. Although Pfizer has cut its deliveries this past week. We haven't really seen community transmission of Delta. They have made it a bit easier for vaccinated people to leave, but have clamped down on people coming in. Quarantine hotel for all non-residents. Legal residents and citizens that live within five hours of the airport can go home to isolate. Everyone in the household has to quarantine regardless of vaccination status or if they traveled. From what I have read they are actually being more rigorous about checking in on people.

If you live more than five hours away, you have to do your quarantine in a hotel in the capital. I guess because five hours is a trip you can do without really stopping. So, now, on the forum for expats we have whining from foreign residents that went back to their home countries when things were bad here but before there were border restrictions. Now that things are good here, they want to come back and are whining about how the restrictions are not fair, etc. We went through all the sacrifices here that I have told you about and we now finally have things under control again. So, now, those that bailed now think they can just waltz in and potentially spread new variants without having to quarantine? I guess like @AzulOscuro has said, the pandemic has highlighted human selfishness.

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, hvert, TunedOut

Thanks for this!
unaluna