SlumberKitty
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jul 2018
117.7k hugs
given
Default Jul 27, 2021 at 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricManatee View Post
Do you have an intensive outpatient near you? The one nearest to me is at the local hospital. That's been offered to me when I was in a bad state but not needing hospitalization. A program like that could potentially also help you find a better/more-appropriate-for-you therapist once you've completed the program.
Unfortunately no. I live in a mostly rural area and in the next couple of years our hospital is actually closing down. They don't meet earthquake standards so they are going to move about an hour away. But it doesn't have an IOP or IP anyway. When I was IP it was about 2-2.5 hours away. I've looked at a couple of IOP but they are all about 2 hours away or more which means I'd have to leave work in the middle of the day which means I would be working essentially part time (less than 30 hours a week) which I can't really afford to do right now. Maybe next year when I have some more debt paid off I could swing it but right now I really need to be at work 40 hours a week. I'm sure my work would give me the time off, or at least I'm pretty sure, I just can't afford it. My case manager looked into it last year and talked to my pdoc about it. He was like, she really needs one that is specific to self harm. And my case manager looked and couldn't find one within a three hour radius from me. My case manager this year who is different from last year hasn't brought it up but I could ask her to look into it to see if there is anything closer to me than there was last year. Because if I just had to leave like two hours early three times a week or something I could probably swing that. Thanks for the thought though. I appreciate all the help couchies!

Hugs from:
ElectricManatee, LonesomeTonight

Thanks for this!
Quietmind 2