Quietmind 2
Poohbah

Member Since Jan 2020
8 hugs
given
Default Jul 28, 2021 at 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietmind 2 View Post
Yes, just have to weigh the pros and cons of public healthcare (low cost, long wait) to get referred (more waiting but also lower cost) vs private clinic.

Friend I live with says one particular nearby private clinic has a pretty experienced gynaecologist. Heavily considering that although it's quite expensive.

Bit shocked I got my period with so much pain etc because I'm on the Depo-Provera shot for like 6 months already with zero periods or pain.
Update:

Still in pain. I just took another 1000mg paracetamol (Tylenol) and 400 mg ibuprofen (Aleve).

I have Etoricoxib 120 mg (Arcoxia) from my previous wisdom teeth surgery. Google says it is a selective COX-2 inhibitor used to relieve moderate post-surgical dental pain.

I don't know if I can take it but the pain sucks. I rather not risk accidental overdose though.

I went to the gynaecologist my friend recommended, another friend helped me pay two third of the bill. He's an experienced guy, used to work in the hospital that public health would send me. Clinic even has ultrasound equipment.

Nothing physically wrong with my bits. He seconded my psychiatrist's opinion on how stopping periods as much as possible is necessary. Didn't have to disclose gender dysphoria. The mood issues and pain (not just premenstrual) can trigger suicidal thoughts. Glad my psychiatrist isn't like my former psychiatrist...

Discussed options, he recommended I go back on the combined pill (estrogen and a progestin) but through public health because I told him I switched to Depo-Provera for cost. He said to stay on Depo-Provera until I get an appointment. Also wrote a memo and attached ultrasound images which should help at the appointment.

No idea how long the wait will be but I put in an online request already.

Hugs from:
ArtieTheSequal, CantExplain, Lemoncake, LonesomeTonight, SlumberKitty, unaluna, WarmFuzzySocks