Grand Poohbah

Member Since May 2019
6,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 28, 2021 at 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discombobulated View Post
I really don't understand the fuss around staff refusing vaccination. I already shared here that when I volunteered in a hospital my immunisation record was checked and they screened my blood for antibodies to check if I needed my hepatitis redone (I didn't but would have if I'd had to). It's not new having to be vaccinated to work or volunteer in hospitals.

Vaccination is proven to cut transmission by half for delta I believe.
I think that vaccinations are very good (I have been had both COVID shots, take the flu shot every year and so many others) but at the end of the video below, some of the reasons that some shouldn't be vaccinated are discussed (for instance, if you have a reaction to the first vaccine, I believe the vaccine makers say you shouldn't get the second shot and if you don't--you aren't considered fully vaccinated ). But yes, I agree that too many might be anxious about something that likely (I am not a doctor ) does much more good than harm. It is shame there is so much hype and fear but I wish the discussion was more medical than political. Because COVID is becoming more prevalent again--I am also watching Dr. John Campbell's videos again, having more groceries delivered and wearing a mask in indoor public settings.
CDC Data is surprising - YouTube
United States and Australia - YouTube

Hugs from:
hvert

Thanks for this!
AzulOscuro, Discombobulated