View Single Post
Jelzig65

Member Since Jul 2021
33 hugs
given
Default Jul 29, 2021 at 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madcap View Post
Throughout my life I’ve always been called weird or unusual. (Whether it be in school or just in general) I’ve recently found out I could possibly be on the autism spectrum which makes a lot of sense due to the number of signs throughout my life (light sensitivity as a child, sensitive to loud noises (I don’t like loud noises even today but when I was younger it was distressing) certain things bothered me like tags on shirts or water in my face (still does) I walked on my heels for a good few years of my childhood, stimming, avoiding eye contact, bad at social interaction, etc.) anyway with that being said, I’ve learned to sort of blend in with society. I find myself restraining myself from being weird, there will
Be slip ups but I feel like I’m acting, when I act normal in front of people, but it feels fake. I don’t know if anyone knows what I’m getting at, but I was just wondering if anyone did (whether you are autistic or not)
My daughter likely has alexithymia as well as asd. She doesn't know how she feels or does but doesn't know how to express those thoughts She stims like crazy only at home, it makes her feel good and even. She hates small talk and literally would live her life with no social interactions at all. But there are times you have to talk to get a need met. In public, she acts like or seems to be uppity or snobby. She is not she is socially anxious. In my opinion only there are loud and confident asd folk and then there are the opposite, the opposite is my daughter.
Jelzig65 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote