View Single Post
hvert
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jan 2014
3,785 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 29, 2021 at 06:36 AM

They are reintroducing mask recommendations now. It's such a mess. If you live in a county with a certain number of active Covid cases per 100k, the state recommends that you wear a mask indoors. This will change every day (and already did within 12 hours of them making the first announcement)! It seems like the majority of people where I live do not want to go back to this. The attitude is either a) I'm vaccinated, the unvaccinated should go get the shot or b) Covid is a hoax, I'm not wearing a mask.

I've decided I'm not going to eat or drink indoors for now. I did this weekend and it just made me nervous. I made us leave the first restaurant because it was really crowded, there were kids, and I could hear someone coughing. The next place was not very full but staffed by teenagers. Were they vaccinated? I think less than 50% of kids 12-18 have decided to get the shot here.

I alternate between feeling protected by the vaccine and feeling paranoid where someone coughs or there are a bunch of maskless kids running around. My husband is in a band and they are going to start playing in bars now that those restrictions have lifted and I am sure he is going to catch it from that.

It seems a bunch of companies in the US are starting to mandate vaccines. It's going to get interesting.

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, TunedOut, unaluna

Thanks for this!
AzulOscuro