Fuzzybear
Wisest Elder Ever

Member Since Nov 2002
81.4k hugs
given
Default Jul 29, 2021 at 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursula Shackleton View Post
I have a friend with Borderline Personality Disorder (clarifying because of the muddiness with BPD as bipolar) who would rant to me about her problems, which is fine. Friends do that sometimes. But it was much more about her ranting than actually having an exchange with me. One day, she got very upset that I talked to someone that she felt was hurtful to her. I felt like, according to her, pretty much everyone was hurtful to her, and I wasn't going to drop a really good friend for someone who could be borderline abusive. So she just stopped talking to me. Really, I was fine with it because she was Rant Lady anyway. But about five years later, she friend requested me on Facebook and told me she was going through DBT and trying to get better and that she was sorry for the way she treated me. We have a much better exchange now. So this whole long thing is me trying to say not to worry about it too much. Maybe she'll take care of herself and get it figured out. In the end, you'll have a better friend, if she ever does get it figured out.
Thanks Ursula

Hugs from:
Anonymous41462, Ursula Shackleton