View Single Post
Moose72
Silver Swan

Member Since Jan 2008
2,585 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 29, 2021 at 07:22 PM

I'm home! Saturday spent in the psych ER and then Sunday morning transferred via ambulance to a hospital an hour and 20 minutes away.

I spent those 5 days going to groups, some of which I showed for but didn't fill out the forms for. The other patients were interesting. One woman who said she is 39 and a "dentist" kept calling everyone "sweetie pie" and talking in this choppy voice. This other guy who said he has kids didn't participate very well in groups but he basically wandered around talking and laughing to himself. It was never enough to know what he was saying, but there it was. One guy who was in his 60's it looked like was homeless and an alcoholic who blacked out a lot and just came to the hospital for the shower and the 3 squares a day. He also said something about not having his cpap and therefore spent most of his time sitting in the day room with his eyes closed.

Speaking of 3 squares, they fed us healthfully- exactly what a dietician would say you should eat, but we got to eat pudding and jello sometimes too. Anyway, I weighed myself when I got home today and I have lost 7 or 8 pounds! I know it will probably pack back on once I start to eat normally, but I can TRY to eat healthfully, right?

My friend sent flowers- they are sitting here next to me on the table. My mom's husband came to pick me up today and he brought me my cell phone. I didn't even bring it with me because I knew I wouldn't be allowed to use it . Even in the psych ER I wasn't allowed to. That's why I made one post here before I went. When I turned it on in the car on the way home, it went nuts chiming and dinging and donging, etc.! Emails, texts, Facebook chat notifications, etc. all at once! I had jotted down about five important phone numbers before the phone was taken away. That way I was able to talk with Caleb- which I did a lot- and N3 and several others.

That all said, the psychiatrist on staff at the hospital was an idiot. He first started out by looking at my file, telling me I was on "too many" and "the wrong" medications. He then decided that my pnurse's- the one who prescribes all my meds- pdoc that she works under should see me instead of her. As it is, I'm not scheduled to see her until September! I do, however, see her nurse (RN) before that so that's good.

In the hospital, I had vivid dreams all about being in the hospital and other vivid places. And then this psychiatrist dude told me that the catalyst for this "episode" was Karen unfriending me on Facebook. That was six weeks ago and I got over it when she lambasted me all over Facebook with lies! So no, it wasn't her that started my road toward being
Possible trigger:
. That would imply that I care deeply about our relationship and I certainly do not. In fact, it had been failing for quite some time before she de-friended me. Anyway, the psychiatrist took off on that theme and wouldn't let it go. I had to have a zoom meeting with him, too and I HATE zoom! I look stupid and the video is choppy.

BUT, the friends I did talk with all said that they love me! I mostly talked with Caleb and Christopher and Noah and my mom. Caleb is a dear heart. (It's too bad he is stubborn about smoking.) I know he loves me! Noah took me out to eat and I resisted ordering a beer, after the groups about addiction. It seems that I'm "addicted" to Starbucks. Got cut that quick! If only because I won't have any Disney money if I don't. So they didn't change ANY of my meds! Didn't add any, didn't change the dosages, nothing! I was there 5 days to sleep and socialize I guess. I don't feel as slow and blah as I did when I first got there. I am listening to one of my favorite Rene Jacobs CDs right now. It's very soothing.

Invega 1.5

Mania (December 2023)
Mixed episode/Hypomania (September 2023)
Depression, Anxiety and Intrusive thoughts (September 2021)
Depression & Psychosis (July/August 2021)
Mania (April/May 2019)
Moose72 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Anonymous41462, BeyondtheRainbow, Mountaindewed, mssweatypalms

Thanks for this!
*Beth*