Quietmind 2
Poohbah

Member Since Jan 2020
8 hugs
given
Default Jul 30, 2021 at 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffydungle View Post
Am i wrong to let my adult children make their own mistakes? My ex contacted me about something my youngest wanted to do and it doesnt put them in any danger or is illegal or will affect them financially but he keeps saying its not a good idea. I believe you should try something and if doesnt work out then you have learned something hopefully
You're not wrong. It doesn't threaten their safety or well-being or have major consequences...so learning the mild consequences of a small mistake is good, in my opinion.

One of my siblings has been bailed out all his life. He's still not at all financially responsible in his 30s now, and has a huge sense of entitlement.
So every sibling gets guilt trips from our parents and other relatives (so nice to volunteer others) about how we need to ensure he's provided for. And so... there's no incentive for him to not squander money, to learn life skills, to get a job or budget. There's no consequences because someone will swoop in whenever he's irresponsible.

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight