Community Support Team
Community Liaison
Chat Leader

Member Since May 2014
2,321 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 31, 2021 at 09:04 AM

Hi @NotJanice - welcome to MSF My Support Forums. I am sorry your marriage is presenting so many challenges.

No one knows your life and the consequences of your actions as much as you do, so no matter what people tell you, please consider any ideas as options to weigh and consider carefully before proceeding after "sleeping on it" many nights.

Without children, relationships are much simpler to make decisions about. Children bring up questions like,
  • "How would our children be provided for financially with parents separated?"
  • How would they feel and react emotionally with a separation?"
  • "Are they safe now or is the home becoming toxic and unsupportive?
Depending on how you answer these questions, it could have a profound effect on what way might be the best.

As far as your situation, the thing I worry about most is are you able to do self care in the situation? Is the relationship at a point where the harm to yourself is making your mental health situation much worse? Are you at risk of breaking down and not being able to be a mother to your children and friend to yourself.

Even if he will not go to a therapist, you certainly could benefit from that. A therapist is someone on your side trying to weigh the situation and how it is affecting all family members. They can help you with resources that could help you cope with the situation the way it is and or make a transition to a new living arrangement if that is the best alternative.

MSF is a great community and glad you joined to get support and meet people in similar situations. Hope you get the support you are looking for.

With kind regards,
CANDC

"Things Take Time"
CANDC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Kozel