Magnate

Member Since Oct 2018
7 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 31, 2021 at 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietmind 2 View Post
I don't know yet, but I'll be checking in on her when I can. I've left her a message offering validation and asking how I can help.

She is currently waiting on lab test results. Her post mentioned thinking of a Go Fund Me, but she's concerned about platform fees. She lost unemployment benefits because she tried to work then had to quit due to a wide range of symptoms and is ineligible for future payments unless she works for a minimum of 6 months. She plans to file for disability, but that can take a long time. People have offered to Venmo / Cash App.
We filed my husband's disability in September, they did some additional testing in December, and he was approved and funds hit our bank early February. I thought that was actually rather quick, and we were fortunate he was approved the first time. Liver failure, I would suspect, would be a pretty straight-forward approval. Sounds like her medical info in on a patient portal which is really helpful; that's how my husband's was, and it made for quick review and approval.

In the meantime, she probably qualifies for Medicaid if she is unable to work due to this. I do not know the process for that though.

Family members set up a Go Fund Me following my husband's death (not really something I was interested in, but they insisted people wanted a way to help - my husband's death hit a lot of people really hard). I didn't find the fees to be terribly high, but I didn't pay too much attention to that end of things.

Hugs from:
ArtieTheSequal, LonesomeTonight, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight, Quietmind 2