Member Since Jul 2008
6,800 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Confused Jul 31, 2021 at 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelinglady View Post
Good idea, Nammu.

Hubby and I have caller ID on our landline phone. It even identifies robo calls and scam calls. That helps a lot. And I don't answer calls from people I don't recognize or from 800 numbers. We also can block calls and we use the "do not call" procedure, I am also very careful about who I give my cell phone number to--only friends and relatives--not even doctors' offices. All that sure helps.

I even limit my facebook page viewing and never accept friendships on there from people I don't know personally.
My landline has Caller ID too, but I never pick up if I don't recognize the name or number. Sometimes I get stuff like 530-XXXXXXXXXXX as the "number". Never pick up "Unknown Caller" with no number, but "Private Number" is just a blocked number that could be someone I want to talk to. (One time it just was my dentist calling from home to cancel our appointment at the last minute) In that case, I let the machine pick up. No legit company would have a non-working number on your ID. It would at least show the number they are calling from, and usually their company name too.

Landline can block up to 10 numbers so every now & then, I have to delete the list and start over. For awhile, I was getting calls from a Seattle based number that would ring 3 times and stop. I was able to block it even though phone manual says it won't work on out of area calls. But it seems to.

I don't give out my cell number to many either, even though it's smarter than landline in recognizing a scam or telemarketer number. Main reason is I don't usually have it ON most of the time. But my landline is always "on"and I'm way more accessible on it. I tell people to call THAT number but some still insist on calling cell.

Landlines are more durable. Mine has never been out of order. Always works, and no need to worry about signal or battery left or reception. Yet people prefer cell phones for everything. Cell calls will also suddenly cut off. No such thing with landline. Mine works even during a storm.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Nammu

Thanks for this!
MuseumGhost, Travelinglady