View Single Post
GypsyButterfly

Member Since Jun 2014
43 hugs
given
Default Jul 31, 2021 at 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskielover View Post
I was a native So. Californian for 54 years though I spent all my growing up years during the summer with my grandparents in the capital city of Kansas where I actually enjoyed fishing on farm creeks & ponds with my grandpa.

At 54, I made a huge change in my life. I moved from LA County in Calif alone to a small 8000 population town in central Ky where I bought my small 10 acre farm surrounded by nature. I have my own woods, stream, creek in the back of my farm, a spring & enough field area for my horse. I have never been happier in my life. It was like I had country in my blood my whole life & I am getting to enjoy the last half of my life living where I am happy. (Plus I have the best farm neighbors I could ever have)
I wanted to comment about Leo. Sounds like he was a good companion. They're only in our lives a short time, but forever in our minds & hearts. I have four furbabies & they mean the world to me.

Except for about six years in the suburbs, I've mostly lived in smaller towns, rural areas. I love it. I have a good friend that is from SoCal. He was born in 61 & lived there for 30 years. He said he liked it then, but he doesn't think he would now.

The way you're living now seems like it would be quite calming & serene. I would like a bit of land. A big reason is so I can seriously get into rescue. I've been wanting to do that for much of my life. I'd also like to have a garden, fruit trees, chickens for eggs & goats for milk & cheese. They would also be rescues, besides kitties & doggos. I want to be able to look out my window & see nature. Instead of the other apartment building across the way, cars, people, etc.

I enjoy making new friends. Especially would like to hear from those in NorCal. Drop in & say hi
GypsyButterfly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote