View Single Post
chihirochild
Magnate

Member Since Feb 2017
4,865 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 31, 2021 at 08:01 PM

Ah jeez. My parents are in town, and because they didn't listen to me and wait to make plans until I had my fellowship schedule, they came when I am working 12h/d 6d/wk. (We have to do this difficult rotation 10 weeks out of the year, and then much easier ones the other 42 weeks.) They've been wanting me to spend time with them every evening after I get off work, which I have been doing.

They also wanted to come to my apartment to help with some things while I was at work, so I said okay. They were here for five hours. They took out my recycling by dropping it off the second story balcony and then carrying it to the bin (instead of carrying it down the elevator/stairs like sane people). They attempted to put together a piece of Ikea furniture but put something in upside down and then couldn't finish assembling it because it can't be assembled upside down and gave up halfway through. They did not attempt to put together any of the other things that needed assembling.

My dad wants to hire someone from TaskRabbit to put together the various bits of furniture because he feels bad that he couldn't do it, but that means that someone has to be at the apartment to let the TaskRabbit person in. He wanted to arrange this RIGHT NOW but I said I was very tired and just wanted to go to sleep and that I would strongly prefer to arrange it tomorrow. I said that a few times (politely but firmly) until he stopped asking. Luckily, they can see how exhausted I am so are not insisting I go out to dinner with them tonight; they left me alone in the apartment and went back to their hotel. But honestly I think the reason they did that is because tomorrow my parents and I have to drive 1-2h each way to see family in another part of the state, which literally none of us want to do; I think they suspect that if they pressured me too hard spend time with them tonight I'd just flat-out refuse to go. It's my only day off this week; I have been working in the hospital or on call or both every day since 7/16 and I am exhausted and just want to rest. Too damn bad for me, I guess.

I love my parents. I would die for my parents. I also am driven crazy by my parents.

Hugs from:
ArtieTheSequal, atisketatasket, CantExplain, LonesomeTonight, NP_Complete, SlumberKitty, unaluna, zoiecat

Thanks for this!
Quietmind 2