View Single Post
LonesomeTonight
Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 31, 2021 at 08:29 PM

So, my therapist just resumed in-person sessions this past Monday. And now, with the way things are looking (U.S.), I suspect he will go back to virtual sessions soon (even though our state has a fairly low case rate, and our county an especially low one).

I realized, in going back in person, that something I had really missed was having a dedicated, safe space for therapy. While virtual for the past 15 months, I'd been meeting him from a desk in my bedroom (one of the few rooms in my split-level townhouse with a door), while my husband was often doing work in the office the next floor down. I had a fan running in the hall outside my door for noise, plus some sort of noise machine and/or the window air conditioner inside the room. From what my H has said, he couldn't really hear anything.

But I miss the dedicated space for therapy that is not in my house. My T has said some clients do their sessions from their car, on FaceTime. I imagine another option for me would be going to a parking lot with WiFi and doing a Zoom session on either my laptop or phone. Or to potentially be outside, if the signal was strong enough. Or I suppose maybe there's some option to rent a room at someplace like a local library.

Has anyone else done this successfully? In their car, a parking lot, outside, elsewhere? Just trying to think of options to be prepared. It may end up being a sort of trial-and-error thing, but curious for suggestions?
LonesomeTonight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
atisketatasket, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
Quietmind 2