Poohbah
Quietmind 2 has no updates.

3 yr Member
8 hugs
given
Default Aug 01, 2021 at 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtleyWilkins View Post
We filed my husband's disability in September, they did some additional testing in December, and he was approved and funds hit our bank early February. I thought that was actually rather quick, and we were fortunate he was approved the first time. Liver failure, I would suspect, would be a pretty straight-forward approval. Sounds like her medical info in on a patient portal which is really helpful; that's how my husband's was, and it made for quick review and approval.

In the meantime, she probably qualifies for Medicaid if she is unable to work due to this. I do not know the process for that though.

Family members set up a Go Fund Me following my husband's death (not really something I was interested in, but they insisted people wanted a way to help - my husband's death hit a lot of people really hard). I didn't find the fees to be terribly high, but I didn't pay too much attention to that end of things.
Good to know, thank you [emoji173]. I just checked her thread, friends chipped in so she has groceries and rent for this month.

She wrote she's already on Medicaid but is afraid she'd be deemed ineligible as she quit her last 2 jobs due to ill health. She mentioned having an appointment to see a vocational therapist for job help.

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
CantExplain