View Single Post
MobiusPsyche
Magnate

Member Since Feb 2016
15 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 01, 2021 at 11:04 AM

Well, I sent off my apology by email. And I booked a cruise for the week before school starts. It only goes to Bermuda, but it was cheap and I will be pampered and I deserve it.

This group is at our extended campus, and the colleague whom I believe to be involved in this drama, who is always involved in drama with the students there, is also at that campus. I've taught there every year, usually 2 classes a year, for 14 years. Many faculty only teach once every 2 or 3 years, if at all. I've decided I'm not going to teach up there voluntarily any longer. If the department really wants that program to thrive, and wants to maintain high academic standards, I need to see a commitment to that, in terms of actions rather than words. They can't do it off my back anymore. I'm done.

If they think I'm too harsh and my grading standards are too high, screw 'em. We just pass everybody anyway, so I need to stop working so damn hard.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Hugs from:
ArtieTheSequal, atisketatasket, LonesomeTonight, LostOnTheTrail, NP_Complete, SlumberKitty, unaluna, WarmFuzzySocks, zoiecat

Thanks for this!
atisketatasket, LonesomeTonight, Quietmind 2, WarmFuzzySocks