View Single Post
Lostislost
Veteran Member
Lostislost has no updates.

3 yr Member
890 hugs
given
Default Aug 01, 2021 at 01:45 PM

I think it might depend on what the individuals issue is before they start therapy?

Personally I have never been seen or heard or understood since I have been alive. People always wanted me to be something else, or to use me.

I have experienced abuse and different types of trauma, from people I know and people that were meant to care for me.

Psychotherapy (when with the right therapist) provides a non judgemental and accepting place for who I am. They are curious about who I am and accept me as a whole. To build trust with another person when you haven't been able to trust people in your life can be healing and help you work through your issues ...and help you feel like you are enough as you are, or give you the confidence to grow in to who you want to be.

One thing I struggle with is I frequently feel like the therapist is just 'saying what I want to hear' or going through the motions and techniques they learned. It's hard to feel the authenticity there, and I have no way to prove they actually care about me. But it's all I have available so I try to work with it.

Sorry if this isn't very clear, just trying to explain how it has helped me.
Lostislost is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
confused_77, LonesomeTonight, Quietmind 2, Taylor27, Waterbear, zoiecat