View Single Post
GypsyButterfly

Member Since Jun 2014
43 hugs
given
Default Aug 01, 2021 at 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethRags View Post

I'm something of a true crime buff, too. The encounter with the Zodiac scared the heck out of me, but also made me curious about how such people's brains function.

I ran into a woman online once; she had been hitchhiking in the late '70's in Washington (state). She was something of a fearless type, very assertive. A guy in a beige VW Bug picked her up. She said he couldn't have been friendlier, they chatted; it was a good ride. He dropped her off where she needed to go.

Some years later she saw the man's photograph in the newspaper and, yep, the guy who had given her a ride was Ted Bundy. For whatever reason, he had not been at all frightening. Maybe she wasn't his "type." I've read about a few other women he had given rides to, and they reported the same thing...friendly, good-looking, intelligent guy.

btw, your a/c is haunted
She was fortunate. If it had been a later time, it could have been Gary Ridgeway (Green River Killer). Though his focus was sex workers & runaways. A lot of them are like that. I think part of it is they think they're disposable & no one will care.

Many of these killers are intelligent. Many took years to be caught & some never were. Obviously, they also have to be unstable to be taking people's lives. There's a thin line between brilliance & madness.

I enjoy making new friends. Especially would like to hear from those in NorCal. Drop in & say hi
GypsyButterfly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, RoxanneToto