View Single Post
BreakForTheLight
Grand Member

Member Since Jan 2015
211 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 03, 2021 at 11:17 AM

Oh my god. I just saw pictures from Lollapalooze in Chicago a few days ago and I am lost for words.

Yes, I enjoyed my concerts and I'm so happy I got to experience those, but this is on a whole new level of stupid. Those crowds! In a pandemic!

The last concert I went to already felt like the Corona proof plan was a bit of a farce. Security was VERY uptight about people wearing their masks as soon as they got up from their table. Which would've made sense if people were ONLY sitting together in their bubbles. But they also sold single seats at shared tables. I sat with 3 strangers and my dad at a table for 4. (My dad insisted on driving me and then bought a last minute ticket. Instead of assigning him a seat, they told him to just grab a chair and join me at my table. Bye bye 1,5 m to other tables.)

I saw some videos from the same musician playing in Austria a few days later, where there didn't seem to be any seating at all and people were just standing close together. That already confused me. But those pictures from Lollapalooza are 100x worse.

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, hvert, rechu

Thanks for this!
AzulOscuro