View Single Post
hvert
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jan 2014
3,786 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 04, 2021 at 05:49 AM

@Discombobulated it would be wonderful if this wave has already passed you by! I am just so surprised at the timing here. I expected this in the fall, when kids were back in school and we all move indoors to stay warm.

@BreakForTheLight I was wondering if you would go to your music festival - I read that some were being canceled where you are? It's great you had the chance to go and hear live music in a fairly low risk environment! The whole 'wear your mask when you leave the table but not at the table' makes no sense to me. I think it misleads people into thinking it is safe to eat inside restaurants or to have funerals and weddings. It's security theatre, like taking off your shoe at the airport.

Those Lollapalooza photos make me think that will be a superspreader event like Sturgis was. Everyone was supposed to show proof of vaccination or a negative test result but I read that they were not that great about checking. Some restaurants here are requiring proof of vaccination for those who want to eat indoors. The state does not make it easy - my only proof is the little paper card they gave me and god knows where it is. I took it with me a month ago to a place that required proof of vaccination (which they then never asked for) and am not sure where it wound up.

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated