Poohbah

Member Since May 2014
1,217 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 05, 2021 at 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethRags View Post

I'm something of a true crime buff, too. The encounter with the Zodiac scared the heck out of me, but also made me curious about how such people's brains function.

I ran into a woman online once; she had been hitchhiking in the late '70's in Washington (state). She was something of a fearless type, very assertive. A guy in a beige VW Bug picked her up. She said he couldn't have been friendlier, they chatted; it was a good ride. He dropped her off where she needed to go.

Some years later she saw the man's photograph in the newspaper and, yep, the guy who had given her a ride was Ted Bundy. For whatever reason, he had not been at all frightening. Maybe she wasn't his "type." I've read about a few other women he had given rides to, and they reported the same thing...friendly, good-looking, intelligent guy.

btw, your a/c is haunted
Ted Bundy is not unique. Human monsters have an uncanny ability to hide in plain site. He's your next door neighbor mowing the yard, he's the guy that manages the local grocery store, the guy you think is super cool. The last person on earth who could slaughter people. That's why they get away with it for so long. People can't see them for what they really are, a monster.

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. ~ Robin Williams

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage? ~ Pink Floyd
Werewoman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
mote.of.soul, RoxanneToto