catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 06, 2021 at 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupe du jour View Post
Maybe they should let all of the 14 year olds spend more time in middle-school rather than prancing around wearing women's clothes in front of a camera. Clothes meant for 30 to 50 year olds.

At 14 I weighed 105 lbs, too, at 5'6", though I was taking 8 intensive advanced dance classes per week, and auditioning for the School of American Ballet in NYC. I remember the gym teacher at school commenting how "light-weight" I was. Honestly, most all of the other girls were heavier than me, and I didn't regard many of them as being "heavy".

There is no way on earth I could be 105 lbs again and not be in health crisis. Even at 138, I would look mighty skinny (in a bad way), nowadays. Weights don't always tell the accurate story. Looking at the models in the commercial I saw, who looked "unwell", speaks for itself. I didn't look unwell at 14, but the models (regardless of age) did not look well. Again, if they were mixed with various build females, it wouldn't have looked so deliberate that they be clearly underweight in order to represent the company's marketing focus.

For some reason your post made me think of an excellent autobiography I read a while back. It's written by Gelsey Kirkland and is called Dancing on My Grave. If you haven't already read it, you might check it out. I have a feeling you'd relate to it. I sure did.
Gelsey Kirkland - Wikipedia

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous41462, bizi

Thanks for this!
Soupe du jour