Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2017
9,711 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 08, 2021 at 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewoman View Post
I've had too much experience with bullies, and I figured out some things they really don't like.

IRL bullying is harder because you are face to face, so to speak, but not impossible. I had a horrific experience in the 80's. I began studying electrical engineering. My first day of classes I realized I was the only chick there. That didn't bother me, but some of the guys were ruthless. It was a battle of wills until I brought my gun. 😂 Kidding!
Seriously, I survived that ordeal by simply making up my mind to make my tormentors 'disappear'. They literally ceased to exist in my mind. After a while, when it became obvious that they could no longer get to me, the other guys laughed at them. The bullies started dropping out, I assume they felt humiliated. I never saw any of them again.

Two years ago, a silly little girl on a website I had been on for years came after me. I don't know exactly why but I'm guessing it's jealousy. What floored me was how determined she was to kick me out of the community and the extremes she went to telling everyone who would listened that I had hurt a young, inexperienced transgender girl when she came over to my house, among other lies. A friend recorded her denigrating me and when I listened I was amazed that anyone could possibly believe her bs. A lot of people do, though. I'm looking into any legal recourse at my disposal.

Try to remember that bullies are cowards at heart and most likely bullied themselves at some point. Stand up to them or make them nonexistent in your world. They'll most likely go away and leave you alone.

And something my therapist told me - you are in control as long as you refuse to give them the satisfaction of responding to them. Also, you don't have to read anything you don't want to. Stop reading their posts.
I have stop reading their post however I noticed that one of the trolls suddenly got a tasted of his own medicine and deleted his comments. I wish I could make them leave my mind.
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, Werewoman