Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,040 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 13, 2021 at 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskielover View Post
Not sure is letting the county health department know. Sometimes they will give a specified length of time for the home to be cleaned up by the people living there before they take action. I don't know exactly how it works but you might check with them because the mice situation is a health hazard

I know every location is different, but that happened with a neighbor where I used to live. She didn't clean her house (think used dishes piling up for weeks) and accumulated all sorts of junk in the yard. There were not only mice but rats too. After several complaints from the neighbors on each side of her, the municipal health department came and did an extermination.

It can't hurt to call your local health department and ask. If not, could you call an exterminator yourself? I agree with a previous commenter that if at all possible you should consider moving.

I wonder if it has happened again with that woman. Before we moved away from there, she had moved her boyfriend in and he made a living collecting recyclables and things people had discarded to resell. Before we left, things were piling up again.
rechu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote