Rohag
Legendary

Member Since Feb 2009
15.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 14, 2021 at 10:46 AM

Hello, MimiBhaduri!

severe depression: yes; no antidepressant medication has ever given me significant relief; in my case, a benzodiazepine medication (similar to your xanax) has been more helpful
tiredness: yes; in my case, tiredness seems to be "multifactorial" -- circadian rhythm disordering, medication side effects, an autoimmune disorder, etc. (It may be a rather good thing you are taking thyronorm.)
panic attacks: no, not really; I am, however, subject to "episodes" where anxiety plays a role
persistent drowsiness: not exactly; in my case I'd call it persistent but erratic drowsiness that interferes with normal daily activities
pain: no, not chronic physical pain

I did live a fairly functional life up until a point. Over time it became more and more difficult to do less and less.

You are taking thyronorm. Taking that medication may be an indication your depression does not exist in a medical vacuum; your situation is probably a product of both body and brain. Unfortunately, it is my experience that once a person has a mental health diagnosis, medical personnel (and family/friends) tend to read all symptoms in the singular light of such a diagnosis and ignore other possibilities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MimiBhaduri0 View Post
I am drowsy the whole day, can't drag myself out of bed before the evening.
Do you find you have more energy at night, or even after midnight? (No need to answer.)

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, little turtle, Thirty shades

Thanks for this!
little turtle, Thirty shades