Quietmind 2
Poohbah

Member Since Jan 2020
8 hugs
given
Default Aug 14, 2021 at 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeTonight View Post
QM, I think it's good that you know what sorts of work and what hours you'd be comfortable with. Even if it makes finding a job more difficult. Sounds like a good situation with the contract work you're doing, too.
I'll definitely have a serious talk if any of the recruiters don't listen to me about jobs that are maximum 20 hours a week. They earn for a successful match and I'll refuse anything that doesn't fit my criteria.

One recruiter kind of pissed me off. It's normal in my country for them to ask about my resume gap. I usually say "health issues". They can also ask what health issues but I really dislike that. Well I would usually say "burnout" along with a brief explanation of my department being under-staffed. This time, I said depression because despite the stigma in my county, it's more accurate.

And she said I'm burned out and not depressed due to how my voice sounds. Pissed me off. She's obviously not a mental health professional, so "diagnosing" me based on my voice in our very first phone call is rude and presumptuous.

And it's my body and brain - I know myself better than her, obviously. And major depression significantly impacts many people's level of functioning.

And of course, I'm reminded of my former psychiatrist who felt I don't look or sound depressed even though I struggled with SH and chronic passive SI, plus reported most MDD symptoms except for Psychomotor agitation or retardation.

Hugs from:
ArtieTheSequal, LonesomeTonight, SlumberKitty