View Single Post
TunedOut
Grand Poohbah

Member Since May 2019
6,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 15, 2021 at 02:52 AM

Another great video from Dr. Grace Lee. Though it is titled--How to Remember Everything You Read--I think a better title would be--How to Become Better at Learning. I will paraphrase/use my own words to summarize but she discusses "Five Hacks""
1) "Hack your beliefs"--If you believe you can't learn or change--that will sabotage your ability to learn. Some of our beliefs come from emotional attachments that are part of our subconscious programming but many are limiting and not true.
2) "Hack your state"--learn to manage your emotions--my POV is that shame and unforgiveness of self and/or others makes it harder to move forward in life.
3) "Hack your activities"--jump right in and start learning and doing even when you aren't quite ready because we learn by doing.
4) "Hack your mind"--understand the stages of learning--the first stage is understanding what we don't know. There are areas in our life where we are unaware of what we don't know. If we think we know we are not going to be able to learn.
5) "Hack your focus"--focus on positive things and goals.
How to Remember Everything You Read - 5 Simple Hacks to Learn Anything Faster - YouTube
TunedOut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote