View Single Post
LonesomeTonight
Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 15, 2021 at 09:32 AM

I had this feeling at times about ex-T. Once, after we'd been working together for a few years, I said something about how it seemed like she was so pulled-together all the time. She laughed and said how she'd have to tell her husband I'd said that, he'd think it was funny, because she certainly isn't. That helped a little, and I wish I'd brought it up sooner.

So I suggest mentioning it to your T. Keep in mind that someone may *seem* to have their life fully together from the outside, but it might not be that way in reality. (It's like how people tend to just post the happy photos on Facebook or Instagram or whatever.) Maybe she struggles with self-doubt in her job. Maybe she doesn't have the best relationship with her kids. Maybe she's not as wealthy as she seems--she might have a lot of expenses, for example. Don't go by how much she makes an hour--if she's in private practice, there are many other expenses she has to pay--taxes being a major one, plus things like insurance, rent or mortgage on an office space, continuing education, insurance, etc. (I've had a similar discussion with my current T before--I work in freelance in another field, and his hourly rate is...quite a bit higher than mine. But he also sees many clients at a reduced rate, doesn't always have a full slate of clients--well, he does with the pandemic, but before he didn't).
LonesomeTonight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Ambra, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
Ambra