View Single Post
Favorite Jeans
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2013
1,825 hugs
given
Default Aug 15, 2021 at 02:21 PM

Sometimes I wish they just spoke normally. Like are you saying you didn’t have time to reply to my email? That you didn’t think you could answer a question like that outside of therapy? Are you saying you’re sorry about the initial disconnect, sorry you couldn’t just listen to my feelings?

“Holding space” is an irritating expression to me. Generally people are talking about time, not space, and conflating dimensions, even in metaphor, is best left to physicists and Madeleine L’Engle and no one else should attempt it. You know?

Sometimes my therapist would say very jargon-y things and I’d feel like she was trying not to hurt my feelings. As though if she talked like a normal person it would be too blunt or something? It always gave me the feeling that either she was thinking something too terrible to say or that she was trying to enhance her mystique, like conveying basic ideas in ordinary language is something any a-hole can do so she wanted to up her cred.

Wow. That’s a very cranky reply. I’m sorry, I suspect that’s more about me than you!😂
Favorite Jeans is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight, nottrustin

Thanks for this!
atisketatasket, chihirochild, ElectricManatee, LonesomeTonight, Lostislost, nottrustin, RoxanneToto, Waterbear