View Single Post
will19
Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2012
1,106 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 15, 2021 at 02:43 PM

I feel like I'm a very perceptive kind of person, I guess. When I talk to people, either in person or on the phone, I can sense if something is wrong with them. Usually when I feel that way I would ask the person something like, "how are you doing or are you alright?". I don't do that with everyone I come across. I only do that with people close to me. Though I hate to say that there are many who are not close to me in my life right now.

A good example is when I talk to my sister on the phone . Every time I talk to her I feel like something's wrong. I've asked her if she's alright. She always says that everything's fine. To me she sounds very tired and listless. She's in her mid-70s and, to me, she has a tone of voice like a little girl. She didn't used to. A friend of mine is 10 years older than her and he's not in great shape. When I talk to him on the phone he sounds alright. Also I have a brother who is 2 years younger than her with leukemia and is being treated with Chemo. When I talk to him on the phone, he sounds much better and more alive than my sister does.

So I don't know. I'm wondering if my sister is withholding something from me. My family has been notorious for lying and keeping secrets. She thinks I'm out of mind for feeling the way I do. Well, maybe I am. But lots of times I have been correct when I sensed that something was wrong with someone.
will19 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, RoxanneToto, unaluna